Extend index structures of HSQLDB2013-01-28 java hsqldb
Do you think it is possible to extend the index structures of HSQLDB 2.0?
I've seen that HSQLDB implements AVL trees, but I'm not sure if I can extend that by e.g. implementing R-trees in the HSQLDB code. Are the index structures in HSQLDB even materialized?
It is possible to develop an R-tree implementation of index for HSQLDB. But to make use of such indexes additional query syntax is also required.
The index structures for CACHED tables (disk based tables) are persisted.
- "implements Runnable" vs "extends Thread" in Java
- Fastest way to determine if an integer's square root is an integer
- Create instance of generic type in Java?
- Why can't I define a static method in a Java interface?
- How to call HSQLDB Function MONTHS_BETWEEN?
- Extend PostgreSQL by index structure, data types, retrieval types, etc. with Java?
- HSQLDB index inconsistency
- Disable and rebuild an index in HSQLDB